Wednesday, April 1, 2015
* 2 Cups Bhakri flour (but I ended up using powered cracked wheat + little atta for binding better)
* 1.25 cups Jaggery, little oil and ghee
* Add oil and water to the flour and make a tight dough
* Make shapes like top right picture and deep fry till golden brown
* Let it cold, then split into big chunks and then grind it in mixie
* Add ghee to a pan and add the jaggery and melt for few mins till ghee comes on top
* Then pour it to the powdered stuff and mix well.
* Make round shaped ladoos and they are ready to eat!!!!
Tuesday, December 16, 2014
* Make paneer or store bought paneer...cut into cubes
* Cut green bell peppers into cubes.
* For marinating, mix few spoons thick curd with turmeric, chilli powder, salt,
some north indian masala powders plus ground ginger garlic paste.
* Mix the above well and marinate paneer and bell peppers overnight in fridge.
* Then saute them in a pan with few spoons oil till the raw smell goes off.
* After it cools down, in a tooth pick stack as per the picture with grapes. Yummy it was!!!!
Atlast got to try it last month and here you go for the recipe.
* Make the potato balls by using boiled potatoes and toppings of your choice.
* I sauted onions, added some g.chillies, salt and few powders like garam masala.
* Deep fry them using bajji batter
* Pav bajji breads from Indian store and 2 chutneys home made...same as bhel chutneys.
* Toast the breads with ghee and stack as in the picture and serve hot!!!!
Monday, November 17, 2014
* Dry grind one cup Quinoa to a coarse powder
* Add 3 spoons ghee to a non-stick tava and add the powder and roast well till golden brown
* Please roast in slow flame so the raw smell goes off
* Melt half cup jaggery with 2 spoons water and add it to the above.
* Boil quarter cup milk and add it to the dough. Mix well and make laddoos with little ghee!
* For the chutney, raw grind...mango, 2g.chillies, little garlic, ginger, jeera powder,
salt, sugar, black salt.
* Blanch 2handful spinach and remove all excess water well.
* Steam broccoli and remove excess water.
* Blend spinach, broccoli, little ginger and 2 g.chillies.
* Mash 3 boiled potatoes with the blended greens, add cut cashews
* Make cutlets and roast well in tava with oil.
* Serve the cutlets with green chutney and raw onion rings!
Tuesday, November 4, 2014
* 4 cups rice flour, 1 cup roasted gram flour (make at home from roasted gram),
4 spoons ghee, half cup cummin(jeera) and salt
* Mix all of the above and make a dough with water
* Use the presser and make irregular shapes in hot oil and deep fry.
* Cook well on both sides and take it out and leave it on a paper towel.
* After it cools down, store it in tight container.
Thursday, September 25, 2014
Fall season is approaching, so soup time!!! A friend of mine sent this recipe with some millet, I substituted with Quinoa...turned out very good...
* Add 2 spoons of ghee, 2 garlic pieces, fine chopped, saute few mins.
* Add big chunks of carrots, squash, tomatoes to the above with water and pressure cook.
* Pressure cook just one handful of quinoa
* Grind half of the cooked veggies, and boil all of the above together for few mins.
* Add pepper and salt...serve hot...yummy yum it was!!!