Sunday, January 13, 2013

Homemade Curd (Yoghurt)

This post is for people who live in US...

Since I see some of my friends struggling to make curd at home, I just wanted to write up on this one. Here is how I get curd done and I can bet I haven't seen any curd matching to this...
* Take 3 tablespoons or bigger spoon yogurt (store bought- I use TJ Organic plain non-fat yoghurt) and stir in a small cup and leave it out.
* Boil milk in stove..I do boil to the full raising level....like 3 to 4 glasses of milk (8oz glass).
I use 1% TJ Organic milk. Even you use fat free milk, it will set really well in this method, leaving the water on top.
* Turn off stove and leave it on the countertop with timer on for 35mins or half hot.
* Pour it into a container that will fit in your hotpack.
* Stir in the yoghurt into milk and stir well.
* Place it with a lid inside the hotpack and close it well.
* Let it sit for 3hrs and then you open it will be well set curd. Summer or winter doesn't matter.

Tip: Just make sure you mix the yoghurt to milk when it is half hot itself.

No comments: