Friday, February 8, 2013

Mutter Paneer

Supposed to be a rich recipe, but I havent used cream or cashews, it thickens on it own!!!
Making a paneer dish after months together. More pictures...Mutter Paneer
I hope it is a big hit recipe for the kids. Here is the recipe...
* Slice paneer and toast in tava with just one spoon oil, light toast is good enough.
* Add oil to tava, one chopped onion, little ginger, garlic. Saute well
* After few mins, add 2 g.chillies and tomato, cook well, turn off, let it cool
* Grind the above fry into a paste and cook well in tava with your fav masala powders.
* After few mins, add salt and g.peas.
* After few minutes, add the diced paneer.
* Cook for few mins, turn off and top with chopped Cilantro.
FYI, I am used to onion /tomato fry and then grind. If you are ok with raw grind and then fry, you can choose to do so. I use the similar gravy for Rajma too. Somehow I feel the raw smell goes off well if I saute and then grind the paste.

No comments: