Saturday, November 9, 2013

Coconut Burfi


People think I cook/eat healthy food, wonder what the definition is?
Fitness trainers think my food is unhealthy.
I think I include all food in moderate and workout!!!! Swim lessons is my recent adventure!
What I cook/eat includes oil, ghee, salt, coconut plus regular white rice, veggies, other grains and less of sweet as I dont have sweet tooth :-) But surprised to see myself eating some sweets better than what I was a decade ago. So started to try sweets in little quantities...this one is a quick recipe if you have coconut ready. But I used fresh coconut.
Recipe:
* 1 cup grated coconut (I used fresh and ground it in mixie)
* 3/4th cup sugar, half cup water
* Add sugar and water in a non-stick pan and boil for like 5mins
* Check for single thread consistency, by taking a drop of the liquid
* When ready, add coconut and cook for 10mins in medium flame
* Add elachi powder and stir well. Take a small peice to see if you can make a ball.
* If yes, then turn off and transfer to greased plate, cool and cut into diamond shapes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi,

New to your blog. Super white coconut burfis!!! Seems you have patiently peeled off the outer brown skin of each and every piece. Mine always used be a little off-white in color. Need to try your way once. Raji.