Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Multi Lentil Adai (with Beet/Vazhaipoo - banana flower?)

More pictures..Multi Lentil Adai
Quick recipe :
* Half cup brown or white rice, Half cup mixed lentils (please see at the end of the post)
* Soak the above overnight or for 4 hrs, grind coarse in mixie with
   2 red chillies, 2 g.chillies, salt, jeera
* If you dont mind light green color, add the below while grinding.
   Otherwise, add it to the batter after grinding.
   - Little ginger, cilantro, curry leaves, few spoons coconut
* Mix all well and add fine chopped onions and make adais, cook well on both sides,
   takes a while.

Optional Toppings:
* I split the batter into two
   - On one part I added, half cup shredded beet
   - On the other I added, half cup fine chopped vazhaipoo - banana flower?
* Mix the batter well and make the adais.
* You could try adding the green moong sprout that looks like vazhaipoo too

Note: I mixed all the lentils/beans I had, except the regular dhaals, which I use almost everyday in one form or the other. I missed green moong dhaal, though I had it. Feel free to add them too. You can mix a handful of each and store it in a dry tight container.   

No comments: