Saturday, April 20, 2013

Vazhai Poo Thuvattal (Banana Flower)

Vazhai Poo is one vegetable that I buy once a year or so. Since I had it used for the previous post, using the rest for the dhaal Porial. We dont get it that fresh, so I am not tempted to buy often. Please do let me know if you see it really fresh in some store in Bay Area. Suppose to be really nutritious! More pictures...Vazhai Poo Thuvattal
Recipe is quick if you have the veggie sorted out and cleaned.
* Soak 1 handful Toor dhaal for an hr or 2, then open boil with turmeric and lots of water.
* Once cooked, save the water for kaara kulambu.
* Add oil to tava and season with mustard and urad, add half onion chopped and 2 slit g.chillies.
* Then add the chopped veggie and cook for few mins with salt and little water sprinkled.
* Then add the cooked dhaal and serve it with Kaara Kulambu.
Note: Generally I make dhaal porial when I make the kaara kulambu.

No comments: