Saturday, April 20, 2013

Pavakkai Peanuts Kulambu (Bitter Gourd)

Just wanted to heads up that I will be slowing down on my blog as I start to train for my run and they keep insisting on Protein intake and doesnt fit into any of these recipes :-)
Back to this recipe, one of my fav kulambu, loved it due to peanuts I guess. Anything with Peanut seems to be my liking for now. More pictures...Pavakkai Peanuts Kulambu
Recipe:
* Soak 1 handful peanuts overnight, pressure cook with little salt.
* Soak little tamarind, chop onion, garlic and pavakkai into small dices.
* Add oil to tava, add seasoning - urad, mustard, methi seeds,
   black pepper, jeera, curry leaves.
* Add garlic, onion, saute for few mins and then add pavakkai, saute for few mins
* Then add the dhaal water, saambaar powder, salt. Cook for few mins.
* Then add peanuts and tamarind water, cook for few mins and then finally add jaggery.
Serve with dhaal porial and rice/quinoa.....yummy it will be...have fun!!!

No comments: